top of page

In California, when filing for divorce, you will typically need to complete and file the following forms with the court:

  • Petition (Form FL-100): This is the main document that initiates the divorce proceedings. It outlines the basic information about you, your spouse, your marriage, and the relief you are seeking, such as division of property, child custody, child support, and spousal support.

  • Summons (Form FL-110): The summons is a legal document that informs your spouse about the divorce and explains their rights and obligations in the process. It must be served along with the petition to provide your spouse with notice of the divorce proceedings.

  • Declaration Under Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (Form FL-105): If you have minor children and are seeking child custody orders, this form is required. It provides information about the current custody arrangements, addresses any previous or pending custody cases, and declares that you have not taken the children away from their home state or violated custody orders.

  • Declaration Regarding Service of Declaration of Disclosure (Form FL-141): This form is used to declare that you have served your spouse with the required preliminary financial disclosures, which include a Schedule of Assets and Debts (Form FL-142) and an Income and Expense Declaration (Form FL-150). The declaration states when and how the disclosures were served or whether an agreement was reached to waive the requirement.

  • Proof of Service of Summons (Form FL-115): Once you have served the summons and petition on your spouse, this form is completed by the person who served the papers. It provides proof that your spouse received proper notice of the divorce proceedings.

  • Responsive Declaration to Request for Order (Form FL-320) (if applicable): If you are seeking temporary orders, such as temporary child custody or spousal support, you may need to file this form to respond to the other party's request.

These are some of the commonly used forms when filing for divorce in California. However, depending on the specific circumstances of your case, additional forms may be required. It is recommended to consult with a family law attorney or access the California courts' website for a complete list of forms and instructions specific to your situation.

Family Law - Divorce Filing Form

  • I'm a product detail. I'm a great place to add more information about your product such as sizing, material, care and cleaning instructions. This is also a great space to write what makes this product special and how your customers can benefit from this item.
bottom of page